Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of California, Merced
I am interested in exploring the requirements of emerging communication paradigms to design, develop novel communication protocols and optimize them by leveraging their intrinsic properties.
Currently, I focus on the design and development of multi-radio architecture for IoT applications.
- Poster Abstract: On the feasibility of an IoT Multi-Radio Architecture for Smart Buildings
Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram, Alberto E. Cerpa
In ACM BuildSys, 2020.
- A Survey on LoRa Networking: Research Problems, Current Solutions and Open Issues.
Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram, Wan Du, Zhiwei Zhao.
IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, October 2019.
- Resilience Bounds of Sensing-Based Network Clock Synchronization.
Rui Tan, Linshan Jiang, Arvind Easwaran, Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram.
In IEEE ICPADS, 2018.
- Performance Analysis of CREIDO Enhanced Chord Overlay Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks.
Bhalaji Natarajan, Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram, Parthiban Natarajan.
Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, 2017
- T2WSN: Titivated Two-Tired Chord Overlay Aiding Robustness And Delivery Ratio For Wireless Sensor Networks.
T. Peer Meera Labbai and Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram.
Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2016
- Analysis of Creido Enhanced Chord Overlay Protocol Under Different Movement Models in Delay Tolerant Networks.
Umaparvathi, Bhalaji Natarajan, Jothi Prasanna Shanmuga Sundaram, Parthiban Natarajan.
Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, 2016
- Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics.
- Student Volunteer, SenSys/BuildSys 2020
Awards and honors
- EECS Bobcat Summer Fellowship, UC Merced, 2019,2020
- Master's Merit Scholarship, SRM University, 2015-2017
- Bachelor's Merit Scholarship, Central Goverment of India, 2011-2015
Education and experience
- 2018 - now:
- PhD Student, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, UC Merced
- Research and Teaching Assistant, Computer Science and Engineering, UC Merced
- Computer Networks
- Computers and Network Security
- Computer Architecture
- Discrete Mathematics
- 2017/02 - 2017/07:
- Research Assistant/ Visiting Student, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- 2015 - 2017: Master of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering, SRM University, India
- 2011 - 2015: Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering, Anna University, India